Otoplasty or cosmetic surgery of Prominent or Bat Ears is a surgical procedure to change the shape and position of the prominent ears.
You can choose to have Otoplasty, if you are bothered by how far your ears stick out from your head.
A small incision is given at the back of the ear to expose the flattened cartilage. Permanent internal sutures are placed in the cartilage to create an anatomical fold in cartilage which looks natural.
Secondly, the ear cartilage is also pulled backwards to reduce the projection of external ear.
It is done under local anaesthesia which numbs only the ear.
Time taken of the surgery for both ear is about 1.5 hours.
After the procedure
- It is a day care procedure and you will be sent home after the procedure.
- An antibiotic and an analgesic tablets will be prescribed for 5 days.
- After the surgery, your ears will be covered with a bandage for first two days for protection and support.
- You should sleep straight and avoid sleeping on your sides.
- You can wear a loose headband to cover your ears at night for next three to four weeks.This will avoid pulling of your ears forward while rolling over in bed.
- First follow-up is after two days to remove the bandage and
- Second follow-up is at 7 days to remove the skin sutures.
You can ask your doctor if you don’t want the sutures to be removed, we can also apply dissolvable sutures or dissolvable surgical glue instead.
Risks involved in Otoplasty surgery includes:
Infection, Haematoma, change in Skin Sensation, problem with stitches, Asymmetry in ears, Scarring, any Allergic reactions.
You will notice an immediate change in the appearance and shape of your ears.The result is very satisfactory and Permanent.
Before & After
TESTIMONIALS – COSMETIC SURGERY
I was very much concerned about the way my abdomen looked, loose skin and wrinkles all over, Was not able to wear sarees/crop-tops etc. I got my tummy tuck surgery which totally redefined my looks. All credit goes to Dr. Vikas. Also got fat grafting to my face done here. I am Totally Satisfied.
I have a big tummy which makes me difficult to sit on job for longer hours. I got my Tummy Tuck surgery at Kyra Clinic. It changes my life. I feel more active and energetic now.
I have fatty arms. I got liposuction done and achieved fine arms.
I had a loose breast after my second baby. I wanted to have full breast as before. I got operate. I got the desirable result and will highly recommended Dr. Vikas Gawri for the surgery.
I had a small and flat breast. is a great cosmetic surgeon. After Breast implant done by him successfully, I have a wonderful and attractive body.