What is cryolipolysis?
Cryolipolysis, also known as “fat freezing” or by the product name CoolSculpting, is a new procedure that involves the non-invasive cooling of body fat to break down fat cells, resulting in a reduction of body fat without damage to other tissues. The effect takes several months to be seen.
It is a nonsurgical fat reduction procedure that uses cold temperature to reduce fat deposits in certain areas of the body. The procedure is designed to reduce localized fat deposits or bulges that do not respond to diet and exercise. It is not intended for people who are obese or significantly overweight. The technique has been patented under the name CoolSculpting.
DURING THE PROCEDURE:
- A vacuum applicator is placed on the skin to bring it into contact with cooling panels.
- Patients feel a cold sensation for a few minutes, as it produces an anesthetic effect.
- The fat is cooled for up to an hour.
ADVANTAGES OF CRYOLIPOLYSIS
- No surgical incision is required.
- It is a low risk procedure. There is no risk of infection.
- The procedure can be performed on an outpatient basis.
- Resume their normal daily activities immediately after treatment.
To BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Call us or Whatsapp us at +91 81466 66880 – Dr. Rajni
TREATED AREAS OF THE BODY
Cryolipolysis has approved to treat fat deposits beneath the chin, upper arms, inner and outer thighs, abdomen, hip/flank (“love handles”), upper back (“brassiere rolls”), lower back, and underneath the buttocks.
- Beneath the Chin
- Upper Arms
- Inner and Outer Thighs
- Hip/Flank (“Love Handles”)
- Upper Back (“Brassiere Rolls”)
- Lower Back
- Underneath the Buttocks
Temporary side effects for the areas that are treated may include:
- Pain or aches
- Stinging or tingling of the skin
- Skin discoloration or bruising
- Skin sensitivity or numbness
Side effects may persist for a few days to a few weeks after treatment. Your doctor may recommend that you take an analgesic medication to relieve pain or other discomfort.
HOW ARE FAT CELLS DESTROYED?
The technique is based on the finding that fat cells are more susceptible to damage from cold temperatures than other cells, such as skin cells. The cold temperature injures the fat cells. The injury triggers an inflammatory response by the body, which results in the death of the fat cells. Macrophages, a type of white blood cells and part of the body’s immune system, is “called to the injury location,” to rid the dead fat cells and debris from the body.
To BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Call us or Whatsapp us at +91 81466 66880- Dr. Rajni